Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 what is 'Soft-Now bundle' program?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thoughtful Skeptic

Thoughtful Skeptic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

I recently purchased a new Dell Inspiron 153521 and have installed programs and files and updated to Windows 8.1.

A new program called 'Soft-Now Bundle' has appeared in the Windows programs list of the start menu but I do not remember having installed this program. I have searched for it on Google but can find no independent reviews.

What is this program? is it safe, or should i simply uninstall?

Thanks in advance.

Thoughtful Skeptic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

I've never heard of it and if you didn't specifically download and install it I'd call it a PUA [possibly unwanted application]. That said, I'd delete it now and watch out for any trash it may have left behind or other 'nasties' it might have invited to join it. If it has brought more problems with it I'd head for the 'Am I Infected' forum and get the help I needed to clean everything out of my system.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Thoughtful Skeptic

Thoughtful Skeptic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

That is what I suspected. I have uninstalled the program and I'll report back if there are any consequences.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Thoughtful Skeptic..

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Glad we could be of service