Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing with black and red screen

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Panicnoob

Panicnoob

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

So as the name suggest I really don't know how to fix any sort of computer issue without some sort of assistance. I don't think I did anything wrong that would cause my computer to crash. Nor do I think I downloaded anything to cause it either/ My computer is a HP, and its roughly 4 years old. I honestly can't tell you anymore atm. Cause I have no idea how to find all the information needed. I have used this forum before because of stupid downloads. I now learnt my lesson and use this forum a lot for help.

Anyways to get to my problem, My computer has been acting up the last coupleof days, where it would sometimes black out and then come back. I thought that the problem was overheating, for the fact that I have never cleaned out the dust. I brought it outside and cleaned out a massive load of dust. Afterwards I plugged back the wires and turned it on. It seemed fine, but then the mouse would suddenly die and then the screen freezes and then turns from black to black and red. By this point I can't even do anything and I can't force a shut down from CTRL ALT DEL. I have no clue how to fix it and I would really appeciate some assistance to find out if it is internal or external problems. If it is external, would like some help to what i need to buy or replace. Also safe mode with networking seems to work perfectly fine without any sort of problems. I am currently using a laptop to type this while I see if it is driver issues. Thanks so much for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

G'day, ...cleaning out your pc was a good idea...however the dust etc may not have been the cause of the blacking out etc etc....and if this was temperature related then it would react the same way in safe mode as well.

So...download these to your desktop, and then you can run them in either normal mode or safe mode whichever mode will work...

With RKill.....Do NOT reboot after running it.....just run the next scan straight away. If the next scan asks for a reboot, that is fine....go ahead and do it.

Please download RKill by Grinler from the link below and save it to your desktop.

RKill
    Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
    Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
    A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
    If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.
    A log pops up at the end of the run. This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
    Please post the log in your next reply.

* Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop

*** If already installed, just Update and run a scan -
* Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
* Click Next
* Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
** Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
* If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
* Click Scan Now >>
----------** Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
* Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
* Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan

mbam-chameleon.scr
mbam-chameleon
mbam-chameleon.exe
mbam-chameleon.com
---------- ** When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
* Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
* Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
* Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 md92h

md92h

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

there may be something wrong with your Graphic Card. first thing to do is check the temperature using SpeedFan which you can download here.

after installing and running, it shows the temperature of all the sensors available and what you need is GPU temperature. if it's above 50C then there is a cooling problem with your GC. if it really is GPU heatinng then you have two options: change the GC or change the GC cooling system.

I always have a spare GC so if you have a spare one or you can borrow one from a friend it will be good idea to change the GC and booting up. if the same problem occurs then it's definitely GC  issue.

#4 jcta79

jcta79

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

I agree with md92h. Process of elimination, try a spare one and if that doesn't happen then its your GC if same problem occurs then it is something else.

#5 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

I tried the speed fan thing. I get a error message saying, Speedfan driver not installed. The asking is Speedfan service running? I'm not sure how to use it now

#6 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

That was done on safe mode with networking. Not sure if that makes a difference

#7 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Ok, so I restarted my computer and I went back to safe mode with networking. I got the readings. What am I looking for though?

The readings say

Local 40C

Temp1 28C

Temp2 48C

HD0 31C

Core 0 41C

Core 1 - Core 3 is 37-38C

Fan 1 is 1132 RPM

Fan 2 is 946 RPM

Fan 3-4 is 0 RPM

#8 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

Rkill 2.6.6 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 05/29/2014 09:42:34 PM in x64 mode. (Safe Mode)
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Reparse Point/Junctions Found (Most likely legitimate)!

* C:\Windows\system64 => c:\users [Dir]

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* COM+ Event System (EventSystem) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic

* Security Center (wscsvc) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic (Delayed Start)

* Windows Update (wuauserv) is not Running.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* HOSTS file entries found:

127.0.0.1       localhost

Program finished at: 05/29/2014 09:45:45 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 3 minute(s), and 11 seconds(s)

#9 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

The scan didn't have a black screen and then come back though

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,967 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

With RKill.....Do NOT reboot after running it.....just run the next scan straight away. If the next scan asks for a reboot, that is fine....go ahead and do it.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#11 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

Rkill 2.6.6 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 05/29/2014 10:19:13 PM in x64 mode. (Safe Mode)
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Reparse Point/Junctions Found (Most likely legitimate)!

* C:\Windows\system64 => c:\users [Dir]

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* COM+ Event System (EventSystem) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic

* Security Center (wscsvc) is not Running.

* Windows Update (wuauserv) is not Running.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* HOSTS file entries found:

127.0.0.1       localhost

Program finished at: 05/29/2014 10:20:18 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 1 minute(s), and 5 seconds(s)

This is the second Scan and it didn't ask for a reboot

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,967 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

ok...we are misunderstanding each other....

First, run rkill......then immediately run Malwarebytes

When all that has finished...post the log from Malwarebytes here for me to see it.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#13 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

OH, that is what you meant, I am currently running malwarebytes now. It'll be done soon and ill post ASAP

#14 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,967 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

Cool !

GcnI1aH.jpg

#15 Panicnoob

Panicnoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2014.05.30.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS (Safe Mode/Networking)
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17107
Victor :: VICTOR-PC [administrator]

29/05/2014 9:49:56 PM
mbam-log-2014-05-29 (21-49-56).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 765427
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 35 minute(s), 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 3
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5405C1F2-60B1-C034-C4DB-666CD577654F} (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\pacgpkgadgmibnhpdidcnfafllnmeomc (PUP.Optional.uTorrentTB.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\pacgpkgadgmibnhpdidcnfafllnmeomc (PUP.Optional.uTorrentTB.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 1
C:\Users\Victor\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pacgpkgadgmibnhpdidcnfafllnmeomc (PUP.Optional.uTorrentTB.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Detected: 1
C:\ProgramData\InstallMate\{51C67794-DE71-4CEA-AE01-96538A255562}\Setup.exe (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users