Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Login Problems In 5381

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Eddy5

Eddy5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:21 AM

I'm trying to logon and map some network drive shares in Vista 5381.
I have a Linksys NSLU2 with a USB hard drive connected to my router which is connected to my PC.
I can connect fine to the NSLU2 drive in Linux, WinXP on both my laptop and desktop.
Now with Vista on my desktop I can't map the drives.
I can see the NSLU2 in the web browser and configure it fine.
I can see the drives and shares in Vista Windows Explorer.
However I cannot login to the shares.
It either tries to put the computer name in front of my login name
i.e Correct username is joebloggs but Vista comes back with ATHLON\joebloggs
If I try to map it using the Map Network Drive dialog and the alternative username joebloggs it doesn't work either. It keeps saying that the share is already in use and must be disconnected (Which it isn't), or it cannot be logged in and to contact the administrator.
I also have a AutoIt script to login the network drives on my laptop, and that doesn't work either.
I'm really stuck.
Is there anything I should check to make sure I've got the network settings right?
Or is this a possible bug in this Beta (5381)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users