Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 0x8007045D everytime when trying to move a video file to my extrenal HDD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wtfer

wtfer

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

I keep getting a "Error 0x8007045D: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error" message when trying to move specific video file from my PC to my external HDD.

This happenes to one video file I have that downloaded from a torrent client.

The messages appears everytime when moving the file is about approximately 55% done. After that I have to cancel the move.

I am able to move other files from my PC to my external HDD perfectly fine, execept for that one file. I tested moving many files (big & small) back & forth from my PC & to my external HDD & everything else is o.k.

Things I tried to fix this, from reading various google searches & forum posts at bleepingcomputer:

booting in safe mode, running a registry cleaner, switching the usb cable to other usb ports, renaming the file, moving the file directly to (C:) etc...

And everytime the error message appears when the file is around 55% transferred.

The video file works perfectly, there are no errors to or viruses to it. I did not alter it in any way.

Why is this happening & how can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Frozwire

Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

What is the file size of this video?  Have you tried copying it to another external media or flash drive?

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

#3 wtfer

wtfer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

It's about 10 GB & I don't have another spare external HDD to test.

#4 wtfer

wtfer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Solved this.

I ran check disk, it took 15+ hours to complete, but that fixed the errors.

I was able to move the files after that.

I was hoping I could find a soplution other than that since it takes so long, but found nothing.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users