Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oce 9400 Plotter

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fitzy04

fitzy04

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hi everyone,

So as of right now, my company is working off of an Oce 9400 plotter. I'm not exactly sure how old it is but it's been here since I've been here (a year and a half). As far as I know, my company does not want to budget for a new one, obviously because price is a concern. But that is the company situation, here is the problem:

About a week ago, a few of us moved the plotter which required unplugging everything and plugging back in elsewhere (the plotter is not on the network, it is shared from the attached computer which is, obviously, always on). Nobody changed the settings or anything. At first, the plotter, when sending an AutoCAD drawing to it, would kick an error message. I got the error to disappear so then, when drawings were sent to the plotter, the no errors would kick but the drawing would just sit in the queue forever (the plotter would still say ready with any number of drawings in the queue. Then I got that fixed so the drawings finally sent to the plotter but now the plotter itself was giving an error message of "Feed Table Error." Then I got that fixed. So now, I'm currently stuck at every time a drawing is sent to the plotter, it prints about halfway and the paper jams (every time). I even tried printing from the computer attached to the plotter and it does the same thing. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing a paper jam every time something is printed? If not, does anyone know if this is either a hardware or settings issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Because the plotter is not a common piece of equipment, I believe you have better chance using Oce's Technical Support.

800-627-1113 option 1

#3 fitzy04

fitzy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

I was hoping to avoid tech support. Any run in I have with tech support, for any company, usually ends in disaster lol. But I was hoping if someone could at least tell me if it was maybe something in the settings or if something hardware related went bad (toner, the roll bars, anything).

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

I know this is not much help but this came up when searching the KB database.

Error Code
Error Code: none
Error Description: none
Problem Description:
This occurs when the printer displays a random paper jam error.
  Solution Description:
1. Follow any directions on the printer operator panel for clearing any paper jam.

2. Make sure that all doors, panels and paper drawers are closed and latched completely.

3. Turn the printer off then on to reset it.

4. If the above actions did not produce satisfactory results, call for service.

\

Do you have access to the manual? On page 120 it talks about looking for jams in two locations. The media feed section and the fuser section.

#5 fitzy04

fitzy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I have seen those same instructions. I checked both places for paper jams. The thing is, though, is that when I print, it jams in the same spot every time. I see the jam, I remove it, clear the error by turning it off and back on again. Then I print something else and jams at the same exact spot. So I see the jam when I print something but I don't know what is causing the jam because it jams every single time.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

The only thing I could advise is to carefully check for any foreign object however small that may cause the jam but I'm sure you have already looked at that.

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

We have a plotter here also... very expensive nightmarish situation.

Invariably the 'technician' comes from the company to fix it, and charges a weeks wages for an hours work.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

When I was working, we had a Thermal Plotter. I think is was a Calcomp. That was the most reliable plotter we ever had. The only drawback was the expense of the thermal paper. Then we got a large format Xerox plotter. That thing was faster than hell but what a maintenance nightmare.

#9 pwf119

pwf119

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Can you print out an internal test plot from the machine control panel?  Googling says to do this select program->plot->demo plot.  Also, do you have any issues loading/trimming paper?

#10 fitzy04

fitzy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

I tried using the Demo Plot feature and the paper jammed in the same exact spot. I see nothing that could be causing the jam and the paper trim and loading works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users