Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Links no longer opening google chrome

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 QuestionGuy

QuestionGuy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Hey all.

I have a strange problem that started happening a few days ago (can not remember specifically when).

So basically no external program/app that contain links that should open a web browser, for instance when you right click your desktop, choose personalise then choose 'get more themes online'... nothing happens. In my email client, links no longer open a new tab in chrome (set as my default browser) etc.

I am sure this worked before, but cannot be certain.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to solve this irritating issue?

Thanks in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Hi,

Can I assume that all of the usual things are correct? OS current, security program up to date and scan clean, rebooted at least twice during updates and scanning - just the normal things.

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 QuestionGuy

QuestionGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

Hi,

Can I assume that all of the usual things are correct? OS current, security program up to date and scan clean, rebooted at least twice during updates and scanning - just the normal things.

Thanks

Yup. For a laugh I decided to close chrome then open a link via one of these other apps, and it has worked again since. Very strange

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

Hi,

Strange? Not really, you are working with an imperfect device that depends on every one of the 1's and 0's being in the right place at the right time. Stuff happens and keeping a few simple techniques in mind and using them carefully can overcome most of the normal problems that a system can present.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick E

#5 QuestionGuy

QuestionGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi,

Strange? Not really, you are working with an imperfect device that depends on every one of the 1's and 0's being in the right place at the right time. Stuff happens and keeping a few simple techniques in mind and using them carefully can overcome most of the normal problems that a system can present.

Stay well and surf safe

Yeah, i'm not a newb. I understand that things can break. I just meant 'strange' in the context of it has never happened to me before.

Oh well :)

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

I'd rather a new problem than the same old thing ;)

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users