Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Watch Dogs launch plagued by problems with Ubisoft's Uplay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

The anticipated action-adventure game Watch Dogs launched today, but many people are not able to play due to problems with Ubisoft's Uplay service. In order to play Watch Dogs, you need to login and connect to Uplay, which acts as the Digital Rights Management (DRM) for the game. Unfortunately, the Uplay service has been having issues for the past 2-3 hours leaving thousands without the ability to play their newly purchased game. Ubisoft has admitted to being aware of the issue, but has provided no details as to what the problem is or when the issues will be resolved.

ubisoft-twitter.png

When people are trying to login to Uplay they are instead being greeted with a message that states:

"A Ubisoft service is not available at the moment. You can Try again later or switch to Offline Mode"

When users attempt to switch to Offline Mode, some people are reporting success while others are unable to find Watch Dogs in their list of games. As you can imagine users are becoming frustrated with Ubisoft's DRM that requires "always online" play for their titles.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

This pretty much is the very reason why the idea of always online is just bloody stupid.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users