Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A restrictions passcode was set by mistake

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GamerNathan

GamerNathan

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hi,
I have found this forum to be helpful for my first post so im gonna do it again!
My cousins pranked me by putting a restrictions passcode, but it backfired on me and them! THEY DONT REMEMBER IT!! Argh! They tried to put it what they thought was the code, but unfortunately it didnt work! So i thought of formatting my iPad.... I wanted to know what would happen and how do get all my contacts, mail photos, videos, apps etc back while only removing the restrictions passcode!
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

If you have backed up your device to your computer via itunes, you can locate a file on your computer.

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > App Store - Here you should see a file called "adoption.plist"

Select that file, hold control in the drop down select open with "Text edit"

When you open and view this file look for a line of code with the following tags <integer>XXXX</integer>
The four numbers that you will see between these tags is your "restriction passcode"

Remember that number, close the file - and you should be in.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 GamerNathan

GamerNathan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

If you have backed up your device to your computer via itunes, you can locate a file on your computer.

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > App Store - Here you should see a file called "adoption.plist"

When you open and view this file look for a line of code with the following tags <integer>XXXX</integer>
The four numbers that you will see between these tags is your "restriction passcode"

Umm i am a windows user

#4 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

I assumed you had Mac, since you didn't mention

Hopefully you have a backup

download: http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/free-download/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=pin-jan2014

load your iOS 7/7.1 iTunes backup in the iPhone Backup Extractor and click on top left side 'Utilities' button and choose 'Recover Restrictions PIN

Then press the Start button and start recovering your restrictions code.

It will take a couple of seconds while it tries to find your restrictions code.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 GamerNathan

GamerNathan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

And this doesnt harm my iPad in any way right?..... Like all the other stuff

#6 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

No

#7 GamerNathan

GamerNathan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:50 AM

No

It says i have to register in order to recover the pin

#8 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

Do it, its free

#9 ValerieVH

ValerieVH

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

Ibackupbot is no longer free-it's $30. My best guess is that I mis-typed my code, and I'm 20 tries deep and still no luck. I'm not willing to pay $30 to regain a four-digit password that I seem to have mis-typed, when the likeliest scenario is that it's one digit off from my intended password, but so far I'm 20 tries deep and no luck. 

I've extracted the restrictionspassword plist using ibackupbot, but it doesn't look like this tutorial tells me it ought to. http://nbalkota.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/recover-your-forgotten-ios-7-restrictions-pin-code/.

I'm also not savvy enough to understand how to use hash files, though I get the general principal thanks to reading a lot of Neal Stephenson. I'm not willing to learn programming in order to fix a mistake that, by any logic other than Apple's, the company that has all my data ought to be able to fix in a jiffy by simple application of my personal information.

Is there a faster way than brute force--which could take me up to 1000 tries--that doesn't involve me downloading several separate programs in order to tease out the hash? 

UPDATE: There is, and it's available for free at http://ios7hash.derson.us/.

Edited by ValerieVH, 24 November 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#10 peterfan

peterfan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

Here is the coupon for Ibackupbot: http://couponcode0.com/ibackupbot-for-mac.html. Hope it can help you.

Ibackupbot is no longer free-it's $30. My best guess is that I mis-typed my code, and I'm 20 tries deep and still no luck. I'm not willing to pay $30 to regain a four-digit password that I seem to have mis-typed, when the likeliest scenario is that it's one digit off from my intended password, but so far I'm 20 tries deep and no luck. 

I've extracted the restrictionspassword plist using ibackupbot, but it doesn't look like this tutorial tells me it ought to. http://nbalkota.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/recover-your-forgotten-ios-7-restrictions-pin-code/.

I'm also not savvy enough to understand how to use hash files, though I get the general principal thanks to reading a lot of Neal Stephenson. I'm not willing to learn programming in order to fix a mistake that, by any logic other than Apple's, the company that has all my data ought to be able to fix in a jiffy by simple application of my personal information.

Is there a faster way than brute force--which could take me up to 1000 tries--that doesn't involve me downloading several separate programs in order to tease out the hash? 

UPDATE: There is, and it's available for free at http://ios7hash.derson.us/.

#11 RyanHocking

RyanHocking

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Umm i am a windows user

All you need to do as a windows user is download the lastest version of this software and then unzip it and run it. As long as you have a current backup of your phone to itunes it will display the pin:

It's called pin finder.

https://github.com/gwatts/pinfinder/releases

PinFinder.png

Edited by RyanHocking, 01 December 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#12 HDBox

HDBox

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

What iOS version it is?

If it is under iOS 8.1,the user password can be unlocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users