Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burned only Windows (733 MB) on 4 GB DVD-R but It is showing that DVD is full.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zubair130

zubair130

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

I was burned windows 7 on a 4 GB DVD-R with CD/DVD Burner. I think it was Nero CD/DVD burner.

Data (windows 7) was round about 733 MB in size. So, there should left round about 3GB free space on that DVD-R. But it is full. Properties showing that total capacity of DVD-R is 733 MB and 0 MB free out of 733 MB.

How can it be possible? I just write 733 MB on DVD-R.

Please help. Is there any way to recover that free space.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

Once a DVD-R disc is 'finalised' no further writing is possible.  You won't be able to add to that disc now.  In future, if you uncheck the option to 'close' or 'finalise' the disc after writing (depending on what terminology Nero uses, it's been a few years since I used it) that will allow you to add to it after the initial burn.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users