Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help removing a bot from my mac or pc on my network

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 weekapaug91

weekapaug91

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

Hi guys, first post here.

I have a bot on one of the three computers on my network. I think it's my Mac. The two other computers on my network are PC's and one does not have security software and could possibly be infected, I still think it's my Mac.

I have Xfinity Comcast and have received numerous 'Constant Guard Service Alerts' within the past 2 months. I installed the Constant Guard security software about a month ago on my Mac and thought I was clean until I received another alert today. I'm pretty certain my newer PC isn't infected because it is brand new and has up-to-date software. It could easily be my other PC and am going to install Comcast's Constant Guard and do a scan tomorrow. When I do a 'quick scan' from Constant Guard on my Mac it shows that it is clean. When I try to do a full system scan, it can never make it through as it starts to freeze up near the end. I'm pretty sure it's my Mac that's infected because of how much I use it. 

I will do a scan on my other PC tomorrow but can't seem to do a full system scan on my Mac (through Constant Guard), before the scan freezes up and I have to cancel it. Are there any other free forms of software available that can help me remove it from one of my three computers? I haven't played around with any other, only Constant Guard.

When I search 'Am I Botted', Comcast says the name of the bot is "Rerdom_CriminalFinancial_Asprox." Any help would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say, I'm a little paranoid and want it gone ASAP.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm not tech savvy and haven't spent time lurking around the forums.

Edited by weekapaug91, 27 May 2014 - 12:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users