Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Webcam Broadcaster registration issues using Windows 7 (64 bit)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TamiLeigh

TamiLeigh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hi All, 

First of all, great site and happy that I stumbled upon it while trying to find answers to this question. I just installed the My Webcam Broadcaster on my pc so I can view my pets while away via my Samsung Galaxy 4 and am having some major issues with registration. Not sure if any of you will be able to help me out with this or not, but any advice or help would be so greatly appreciated.

Here is what is happening......after installing the software, it prompts you to 'register' I fill in the blanks, agree to terms of service, click 'Register' and then after a few seconds receive an error message stating....

'Unable to connect to the internet, session has timed out'   I have tried google chrome and firefox browsers (I am very leery to even open up IE as my browser because of all the recent virus issues with it) and receive the exact same message on both browsers. 

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version, I have Avast as my anti virus and Comodo as my firewall, all windows security updates are currently installed and up to date. I am at a total loss here as to how to get this software to work because it closes the program entirely if you do not register :( There is no support forum or contact info on their site to ask what to do, so I have worded the question to Google in every imaginable way and that is when I found this site. 

If anyone can help me out with this I would forever be in your debt, I have a trip planned and cannot bring my pets with me so I downloaded this software to view my webcam on my phone from my location 100 miles away. The software had such high marks and claims to be a breeze to install and use, but I can't get past the registration process as it's not allowing me to register. 

Could this possibly be something to do with my ISP and them blocking ports for it?If so, how would I go about fixing that problem? Thank you all so much for any help you can give me,

Sincerely frustrated,

TamiLeigh 

Edited by hamluis, 27 May 2014 - 09:06 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TamiLeigh

TamiLeigh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:40 AM

ok so maybe no one knows the answer to this issue.....if any of you might know where else I might seek advice on this could you please reply to this post with a link? Yes I know I'm a newbie to this forum, but am only asking for your help in resolving this issue....if I've posted in the 'wrong' area, could a moderator or someone on the forum direct me to the proper place please? Thank you for your help....TamiLeigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users