Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubleshooting Upload Speed Issue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tybudd

Tybudd

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

I have 2 computers connected to a router.

Normal numbers are.

Computer 1: 111/mbps Download - 6/mbps Upload

Computer 2: 108/mbps Download - 6/mbps Upload

Now for some reason Computer 1 is only getting 0.38 Upload speeds, but download speeds are not affected.

I had my ISP come out, all seems fine to the computer, switched out Ethernet cabling to make sure that wasn't an issue, our final thought is that there is software running that is bogging down my system.

My question to you guys is, how do I troubleshoot to find out what software could be doing it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Where are you getting the upload results? Did you use a test site, or is this "real world" upload results? Meaning did you try and upload to a target or just the test site. If you are trying to upload to another computer they may have a download restriction.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

testspeed.net

#4 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

I've ran Malwarebytes, AVG, and Spybot Search & Destroy all in safemode, I cleaned out some extra things with S & D but it didn't make much of a difference. The only thing I didn't do with them in safemode is Immunize with S & D. I didn't think that mattered much.

#5 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

/bump

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Meaning did you try and upload to a target or just the test site. If you are trying to upload to another computer they may have a download restriction.

Try uploading on a trusted website (maybe youtube) then check the speed status. I would remove spybot as its already a buggy protection software. Try free Spywareblaster instead. What antivirus is currently installed?

Tekken

#7 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

Meaning did you try and upload to a target or just the test site. If you are trying to upload to another computer they may have a download restriction.

Try uploading on a trusted website (maybe youtube) then check the speed status. I would remove spybot as its already a buggy protection software. Try free Spywareblaster instead. What antivirus is currently installed?

Yeah normally don't use S & D, because it will detect vital files as being bad, but I was desparate, my Antivirus is AVG Internet Security.

How can I check my speed with youtube?

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

Do you use the trial or paid version of AVG? Please remove Spybot completely and replace with free Spywareblaster. Outgoing connection might be related to either the AVG software firewall going to server based or its either a restriction speed to the site itself. Using the windows built-in firewall and disabling/removing AVG itself might be able to check for any improvements.

How can I check my speed with youtube?

Try here instead http://www.speedtest.net/ Just realized that Youtube does not contain status upload speed as it's only in time and minutes, sorry for that.

Tekken

#9 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

I use the paid AVG, disabling the AVG firewall didn't help.

www.speedtest.net is what gave me the stats I posted above:( 

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Did you try troubleshooting the problem by removing other computers first from the router then checking the difference? Do you have QOS feature by the modem/router? Not sure if the quality of cable, distance and type being used plays in this case.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users