Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Does my Version of MBAM indicate "trial"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kenshireen

kenshireen

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

I downloaded version 2.0.2.1012

It said it was a free version.

Why does it say trial and how can I get the permanent version

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

Is this the same system referenced in the topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535431/message-cprogramdataicnuyigibydat-failed-to-load/ ?

In any case...you need to pursue that topic if you still need assistance.

Louis

#3 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

If that is not the case, you may have chosen to run the trial of MBAM by clicking on "Start Trial" in the "Protection" tab.  I believe it's a 30-day trial so enjoy it while you can. :)

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

A 14-day trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is available as an option when first installing the free version so all users can test the real-time protection component for a period of two weeks. When the limited time period expires those features will be deactivated and locked. Enabling the Protection Module feature again requires registration and purchase of a license key. If you continue to use the free version, there is no requirement to buy a license...you can just use it as a stand-alone scanner. Users who have previously completed the trial will not be prompted to start the trial upon upgrade or reinstallation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 kenshireen

kenshireen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

A 14-day trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is available as an option when first installing the free version so all users can test the real-time protection component for a period of two weeks. When the limited time period expires those features will be deactivated and locked. Enabling the Protection Module feature again requires registration and purchase of a license key. If you continue to use the free version, there is no requirement to buy a license...you can just use it as a stand-alone scanner. Users who have previously completed the trial will not be prompted to start the trial upon upgrade or reinstallation.

What is the difference in function between the free and the pro.

I thought they both detect and clean

#6 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

You may find this helpful:

The paid version offers real-time protection (as opposed to only scanning for infections when you tell it to), hyperscans, malicious website protection, autoupdates and scheduled scans, etc.

You can see a comparison chart here; http://www.malwarebytes.org/free/.

If you already have SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot 2 or something similar running in paid mode, you should first verify that it won't conflict with MBAM Premium.

I hope this helps!

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

The full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) includes a real-time Protection Module that uses advanced heuristic scanning technology to monitor your system and provide real-time protection to prevent the installation of most new malware, Stopping Malware Distribution at the Source. This technology runs at startup where it monitors every process and helps stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. Keep in mind that this feature does not guarantee something will not slip through as no product can detect and prevent every type of malware. The database that defines the heuristics is updated as often as there is something to add to it. Also keep in mind that Malwarebytes does not act as a real-time protection scanner for every file like an anti-virus program so it is intended to be a supplement, not a substitute.

Malicious Website Blocking (IP Protection) is part of the Protection Module and works after it is enabled. When attempting to go to a potential malicious website, Malwarebytes will block the attempt and provide an alert. IP Protection is also designed to block incoming connections it determines to be malicious. For information about Malicious Website Blocking, please refer to:

#8 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

If you already have SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot 2 or something similar running in paid mode, you should first verify that it won't conflict with MBAM Premium.

Concerns over those two particular products are totally un-warranted. Mutual exclusions may be indicated with a few "On Access" AV scanners.

Edited by 1PW, 31 May 2014 - 04:48 AM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

I recommend using SUPERAntiSpyware Free as a separate stand-alone on-demand scanner. The free version does not provide real-time protection, auto-Scanning, auto-updates or scheduled scanning so there is no need for it to run at startup and waste system resources. However, it does offer technology to deal with some rootkit infections so it gives you another tool to use as getting a second opinion or in the event of malware infection where some of your tools may be disabled. During installation you can uncheck any offers for free toolbars if you do not want them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users