Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Couldn’t access NAS but can ping it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VICTORNOUS

VICTORNOUS

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

We have a NAS on our network configured on a Network range of 172.20.0.x  with RADIUS enable.

I could ping the NAS but couldn’t MAP it on my PC(HP running windows 7), when I tried am getting the error “Windows cannot access \\172.20.0.20

Error code: 0X80070035

The network path was not found

If I do tracert from my pc it is a 2 hopes to the NAS.

I’ve disabled both windows and Kaspersky Firewalls settings in vein.

my two colleagues one having HP running windows 7 and another one have HP running windows 8 have no problem access all the shared folder in NAS.

anyone with ideas please, Thanks in advance for your advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Are you trying to access the NAS via a user account or the Admin account? If you are using a user (limited) account you may have to adjust permissions to allow you to login. Is the NAS configured to allow select users or is it and open NAS, allowing all access. Review the permissions in the NAS configuration. Your computer's IP or in some cases your NIC's MAC maybe excluded.  

I had this happen once and could not determine the cause, so I had to revert to assigning static IP addresses across the LAN to gain access.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 VICTORNOUS

VICTORNOUS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

Are you trying to access the NAS via a user account or the Admin account? If you are using a user (limited) account you may have to adjust permissions to allow you to login. Is the NAS configured to allow select users or is it and open NAS, allowing all access. Review the permissions in the NAS configuration. Your computer's IP or in some cases your NIC's MAC maybe excluded.  

I had this happen once and could not determine the cause, so I had to revert to assigning static IP addresses across the LAN to gain access.

i would like to map some of the shared folders in the NAS on my PC, i can access the NAS via web browsers, but couldn't map any of the shared Folder on to my PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users