Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java /Javascript /Active x

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wickerman

wickerman

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:18 AM

Morning i have just reinstalled  windows 7 on my computer (dont ask its' a long story) i now find website i go on,  asking me to install one of these.

you tube for instance, but i am not sure what they are for. i have googled them but the answers i get are way above my head.

so i am hoping you can tell me in words i will understand. and tell me please why i do or do not need them.    . another thing is when i am typing

any word i spelled wrong it would tell me and give me options to  correct  it. that as gone.

???help..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

If a website asks you to install software (e.g. JAVA) then don't let the website install that software. Go to the website of the maker of that software (For JAVA go to http://java.com) and manually download & install the software. That's the best way to do it.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Note: Java and Javascript are two different things. Many users think they are related and they aren't.

If you are getting a Javascript error on Youtube, you should go to the Adobe website and download the latest version of Flash. Are you using the latest version of IE. That would be IE11. If you are using something older, perhaps updating IE would solve your problem.

#4 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Thanks to both of you for your reply's' I have installed java from your link, Willy 22, now it seems ok.
from java installed flash player all ok so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users