Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocked-website.com and AFP (FBI) browser lock

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BASS_4_LIFE

BASS_4_LIFE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

Lately I have been noticing these all of a sudden. It first started off when an Australian Federal Police page flashed up on the screen and locked my browser saying my files and browser information have been seized etc etc, I freaked out and forced closed Google Chrome before I could read any more but I Googled it and found out it was malware. Every now and then it will pop up and I have to force close my browser again from Task Manager and restart Chrome, now that I can deal with, as long as I don't give them any money they can't take any. But as of tonight I went to go to Kickass torrents to find a tv series (yes I torrent) when instead of showing the KA home page it showed "www.blocked-website.com/[random characters]" saying that kickass.to is blocked on this network, powered by OpenDNS etc etc, so that was concerning. BUT. I changed my local IP from static to dynamic, tried again and connected to kickass.to without an issue, like nothing happened.

So basically all I want to do is know what is happening, how I may be able to fix it (if you do give a guide please be as detailed but simple as possible, I can use a computer relatively well just not on an IT sort of level) and any other information that could be useful.

I have tried going into safemode with networking and running scans with windows defender but all that showed up was what I presume a file that was from a torrent that it thought was malicious, I also found a guide that said to stop the task that runs the AFP or FBI malware but I can't actually tell which task it is because it says it changes its name.

I am running windows 8.1, any other information you need I will supply to the best of my abilities.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users