Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely slow computer after self virus removal attempt.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hj29

hj29

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hi bleepcomputer. So basically after going on a website for movies, they told me to download a movie player in order to view the movies I desired. Stupidly, I agreed and started the process. After downloading, my friends through skype told me it could be a possible virus. After looking at the several things I downloaded that were totally irrelevant to the movie player, I believed it was a virus as well. IF I remember correctly it was stuff like PC tech help, save the children, and other 7-8 random icons that were possibly viruses. So after I realized the mess I got into, I asked my friend for help and he told me to download iobit Uninstaller, and avast antivirus. I did and attempted to remove them myself with my friends help. I went to recently installed on iobit and removed everything that I downloaded from that movie website. I also ran several avast scans and bootscans to successfully detect and delete the harmful material. But even after these attempts my computer is still super slow. I can't even run YouTube videos in 144p and can't load simple Web pages. Does this mean the virus is still around that the antivirus can't detect? Please help! What should I do to get back my old fast pc? ):

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Hi hj29 and welcome to BleepingComputer! :)

:step1: Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

:step2: thisisujrt.gif  Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

What we need in your next reply:

• adwcleaner log
  • JRT.txt

Thank you.

Edited by Sirawit, 26 May 2014 - 06:08 AM.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users