Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 2000 WITH Windows 8 not booting.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hello. How are you all? I have an HP 2000 Notebook which had Windows 8 and It worked for a while but one day I couldn't boot it up and when I turned the thing on It had the HP LOGO and below or maybe its above but It said "Preparing Automatic Repair." It would stay there for about 18 seconds or so and then the screen would go completely black. I tried Pressing F9, F10, and F11 and one of the keys I forget what, but It would when held on upon boot up would then boot to some screen with a bunch of codes and It looked like BIOS menu cause on the bottom it would say stuff like F5 ACCEPT, ESC: EXIT, and something like that. If I hit exit it would then go back to the Preparing Auto Repair I think and then go to the black screen. I am guessing this thing is pretty much as good as a hunk of bleep and the hard drive is fried, but I don't have a reinstallation disk for Windows 8! PLEASE note  I got the NEW thing in OCTOBER the 4th to be exact, It was from WALL*MART and had Windows 8 already installed on it. Is there a way I can hold a key down upon boot up and It doesn't matter if I have to do the whole restore thing and if I lose every single piece of stuff I put on there, but Is there a way I can restore the thing without a new hard drive and a disk? Thank you. I highly doubt there is a way, because that computer is about to go in the garbage can. I left on the black screen for hours. and nothing happened. I have it all bagged up and ready to be put in the dumpster, but I thought I'd just to see what would happen ask you. Thank you very very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

Hi,

Before you head for the dumpster have you checked on the warranty? Most new systems come with a year from the manufacturer and some even get an extension from the vendor. HP had good tech support when I was building and configuring them. If they still do that might be a place to get more help. I would also expect that you can get the installation disks with the operating system and drivers from HP. Might be a service change but it should still be less than a replacement laptop.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users