Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen changes color slightly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anamte3

anamte3

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

When I boot up my windows 8 laptop and open the desktop after a min the screen color changes slightly. It's not a big change but it has me concerned. I turned off my wifi and restarted my computer and it still does same thing. Should I be worried or am I just be over paranoid . Also the last time when I restarted my computer an new desktop icon just appeared I attached a photo of the new icon. Also idk if you can tell much of a color difference with the pics I took with my phone but I tried to take pics of the screen. Also this last time I restarted the laptop the home group icon is now gone 

Attached Files

Edited by anamte3, 26 May 2014 - 01:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi,

I can see a difference in the colors. The right hand picture seems to be fully colored while the otherone looks like it needs one more pass.

Can you give us some specs on your computer - the hardward?

thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please use the instructions at Windows Support to set the computer to boot into Safe Mode when it is restarted.

The reason for doing this is because Safe Mode has a limited amount of drivers and applications when it boots up.  The graphics driver is one of which is native to Windows.  If the color shift doesn't occur when you boot into Safe Mode the problem will most likely be with a graphics driver used in normal Windows.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 anamte3

anamte3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

What do you mean by specs? 

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

What do you mean by specs? 

Hi,

Make and model of your computer, amount of RAM installed, size of the hard drive, security program installed - just the basics

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users