Just built a new PC with the specs I have listed, everything fires up, but no video. Everything powers up on the PC, and the fan on the video card is spinning.
CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5 GHz
Mobo: BIOSTAR TA970
RAM: Ripjaws X Series
DDR3 1866 8GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked
PSU: NZXT HALE82 700W
1. 4 pin connector for CPU is plugged in, even tried a different connector.
2. Standoffs are all correct
3. Video card is fully seated, even tried another card from a friend.
4. Video card is plugged into power with the 6 pin connector, tried different connectors as well.
5. Tried booting with one stick of RAM (tried both sticks)
6. RAM was reseated and verified that it was in
7. Using correct slots
8. CPU is installed correctly
9. No bent pins
10. CPU fan is plugged in
11. Heatsink is clean
12. Tried running motherboard on the box outside of the case, no screws or anything shorting it out
13. Unfortunately, don't have a system speaker
14. Front panel plugs are correctly installed
15. Power supply switch is on
16. Motherboard is compatible with CPU
17. Reset CMOS
18. Everything is installed tightly.
I'm at a loss. Case fans turn on, video card fan powers on, heatsink fan powers on, HDD and optic drive power on, but no video signal.
All signs point to a motherboard or CPU failure. Am I correct?
Should I contact Newegg and RMA my motherboard at this point?
I'm starting to wonder if this is the PSU or if it is the RAM. Wouldn't it at least POST if the RAM was failing?