Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Phone Should I buy after 7 years?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kusai

Kusai

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

Alright I currently have a Nokia N73 which I purchased 7 years ago and is still working fine.Now I wanna buy a new phone and I have thought about sony xperia z2 or should I wait for iphone 6 ?
I still don't understand the differences between android and ios,
people say that ios is protected, does that mean it won't allow me to transfer my mp3's and mp4's which I have in my computer into the device?

I'm whole lotta confused? Plz help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Do you like to customize your devices, make them suit your taste? Then say a month, or three or more do it all over again? Or are you one of those who likes to have stuff just work and take what the vendor gives you and be happy with it?

If you like to customize and make the device yours and not look like anyone else's. Android.

If you want your device to look like everyone else's of the same model. Apple.

That's the quick version to trying to decide Apple or Android. There is a lot more to consider but you need a starting point to whittle down your choices.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

I went from Nokia to the Xperia and am very happy. Great phone, looks great, works great, makes phone calls, sends messages... B)

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

As a computer sort of person I would never buy iAnything. Pay too much for a product that cannot be upgraded and cannot be serviced without $$$.

#5 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

@ animal What do you mean by customization? In what way? and I'm kinda familiar with android coz my dad has sony xperia m and I frequently check it out,and The things I don't like about it i.e. android is that there was no basic file manager in the phone, the video player was no good and had to download mx player and the play store sucks, like it has so many apps but 99% of them are worthless and other 1% are full of glitch.The downloaded items in the browser(chrome) goes into phone memory. I'm totally blank about Apple :mellow:

And I have seen my friends android devices and I find all of them the same like same settings, same apps, nothing special.
The one thing I loved about android is google now but it needs wifi, but voice commanding was excellent and how is siri in apple? Voice controls are the future for sure.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Customization in looks, in features and in operability. I would be willing to say my HTC One M7 looks and acts like almost no other HTC one out there. I can do nearly everything from the home page. All my everyday apps are opened using glovebox side launcher with multiple folders. My Home screen replacement is Nova Launcher. I almost never have to use the appdrawer. I use ES File Explorer File Manager it's free and works flawlessly for me. You say all or nearly all android apps have gliches. This is my third Android and I have yet to experience that effect. I have had apps not fit a need but they weren't glitchy. They worked as designed. Just not to my needs. So I found something else.

If you have had a bad experience I'm not going to try and change your mind. You know what works for you. That's the beauty of multiple platforms. Windows, Android, or iOS, choose what works best for you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users