Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An attempt to see if somebody could help me with the software known as ECCSIM.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

HELLO. HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING? I'm first starting out by warning you that this post is going to be long, BUT IT IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT. I ask that you please please read it and PLEASE know that This is something I need help with beyond any means of any sort of description THAT I COULD GIVE. PLEASE READ BELOW!

THANK YOU!!!!

Hello. How are you all doing here at www.bleepingcomputer.com today?

I'm doing wonderful, except for my computer which is an HP DV6 Notebook with Windows 7 installed on it which was already installed upon purchase at WALL*MART in the month of AUGUST of 2012 on a MONDAY. I need help with a special software and in order to get the best help I possibly can, I feel it is good to give you as much info as I know  and to help you understand my situation, and this is why this message is going to be VERY long. Because I know I am not doing something right. I know this is a human error that I need to correct, and I am consulting you all because you are the experts, and so here is the problem. I will post this exact message on this "WINDOWS 7" forum, and on any other forum I can find on here. BECAUSE I AM DESPERATE. I am going to describe a software that I need help with.  It is totally free, and It was made in JAPAN. It worked on a Windows 8 computer and I don't know how on earth I got it to work can't remember because I did so many troubleshooting procedures on that windows 8 computer and Thing is, I've done them all I think on this computer, and I got the EXACT SAME ERROR on the Windows 8 computer Its a run Time Error "RUN TIME ERROR 713" This computer is specified as working for WINDOWS XP but somebody tried it on a Win 7 in Japan and it worked. I know It works and so I need to get it work on mine IF I CAN JUST FIGURE OUT what to do.   This program is a simulator for simulating Cardiopulmonary Bypass in the operating room, or Emergency Department, and in some cases the CCU, or ICU. This simulator allows the simulatee as you could call the human working on the simulator, to simulate bypass and to manipulate simulated controls such as Pump flow,  Heater/Cooler TEMP, and Oxygenator Sweep gas flow and It is very specialized software yet it works on a computer, but It is specified to require a program called "VISUAL BASIC,"  or something like that. It says on the software's website if runtime errors are encountered to Install Visual Basic. I've installed both programs and reinstalled these programs several times. I had a Windows 8 computer which was purchased on October 4, 2012 and I after a couple of days got the software to work on the computer while I had the computer but I can't get it to work on this windows 7 computer. and I know the software is usable because I've used it so Its not some virus or FAKE software. What I'm asking of you all "THE EXPERTS," to download the software and PLEASE PLEASE try to get it to work on your computer. I know I'm asking a LOT, but if you would PLEASE do this. this software is something that is very important to me. I need to get it in functionality ASAP. Now here is what the problem is. I install it. I begin the program. It will start to the Home Menu just fine. PERFECT there. NOW, here's where I can't get this to work. I Click the button that I believe says, "START SCENARIO," I think that's exact words but can't remember. I will ask that you please work with that to the best of your ability. Now when I do that i get the Run Time Error 713 and then I hit OK and the software is closed. If you all would please PLEASE work on this PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU," that would help me so much. I really know this is so long, but this is so important. here's the software website. Guys, PLEASE, PLEASE understand me. I've worked on this problem with this WIN 7 computer since  Jully of 2013 and CANNOT GET it FIXED.  HERE IS WEBSITE: http://homepage3.nifty.com/ECCSIM/

Thank you SO MUCH!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

Try to see this Misrosoft link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248055

Tekken

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I will post this exact message on this "WINDOWS 7" forum, and on any other forum I can find on here. BECAUSE I AM DESPERATE.

Your other 3 exact message posts (2 in Windows 7, 1 in Computer Gaming) have been deleted. Please do not start multiple topics about the same issue. It will not get you help any faster. While we understand you are desparate for help, multiple topics cause confusion for you, your helpers and HINDERS the help process.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 May 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

If you have a Win 7 computer and you need to run software written for XP that will not run on Win 7, one solution is to set up a 'Virtual Machine' on the Win 7 computer but running XP inside the VM. VMware license a free version of their VM for personal and study use which you can get here :-

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

Over and above this you will need a copy of XP to install inside the VM once you have it set up. One of the nice things about the VM Player is that you can have several different OS running inside it - Linux for example, as well as XP.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#5 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Another solution that may help, as many has used this option for the same reasons, is to purchase a Windows Anytime Upgrade key (available in from the Start Menu) for Windows 7 Professional. That is, if you're currently running Windows 7 Home Premium or lower. If you have 7 Pro already, then you don't need to go through that step.

It's likely that the WalMart where you purchased the computer also carries this key, just ask for assistance. One of mine was purchased there. Of course, the safest & fastest way is through the Start Menu. You purchase the key & it's emailed to you in no time, like less than a minute.

Assuming that you have 7 Pro installed, you then need to download & install two softwares from Microsoft.

Windows Virtual PC & XP Mode. Details below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

With XP Mode, you can run software & hardware (such as printers) that won't run or work on Windows 7. And no worries with installing XP (the formatting deal), as the XP Mode installer is an .exe file, which is a virtual install of XP Pro XP3. It will need to be updated after install & you can then install whatever apps you want.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users