Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window 8 Metro Crash and Black Wallpaper

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LiliKitten

LiliKitten

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

It happened a couple times already.

My desktop wallpaper turns pitch black for some reason. On the lower left hand corner the window symbol goes missing. Sometimes my clock goes missing as well, sometimes not. When I go intro the metro mode, it's absolutely blank. All my tiles are gone. Today it happened, and I was not able to get to the settings by 'swiping from the right side of the screen or pad'. In metro, in the upper right corner where it should display your name, profile picture, and the shut down button, it is blank. Metro is blank. My computer also slows down greatly during these times. For the last two weeks or so, I noticed my touch screen is broken. Some times it works, most times it doesn't.

Is there any solution for this? Could it be a virus or just the computer? I use a laptop, and it's only a few months old. It glitches a bit in the past, but never something like this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Hi,

It could be an infection or it could be a hardware problem or it could be a software problem. If the unit is under warranty I'd be talking to the manufacturer's tech support about the problems and get their help first. It could be that replacement will be the best solution.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users