Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cant use....Adobe Flash Player (all of a sudden)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roults2

roults2

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Here is my problem fellas, perhaps you can help? Trying to watch videos on YouTube. It keeps saying to update my definitions (Adobe Flash Player). I did so but still cant view.

A little insight..... I was watching some other "special videos" (cough, cough), thats when I got the problem.

I deleted all temp. files, did a scan of everything, attempted a system restore (it would not let me), started the computer in SAFE MODE, then attempted a system restore (still would not let me), temporarily turned off ant-virus to try and download AFP, that didn't work, I checked whats in my start up menue, etc.

It does say I am "up to date" but I still cant view.

Kind of stuck here. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Edited by hamluis, 25 May 2014 - 03:59 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hello -

First -

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -

Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
• Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
• Checkmark the following boxes:
• Flush DNS
• Report IE Proxy Settings
• Reset IE Proxy Settings
• Report FF Proxy Settings
• Reset FF Proxy Settings
• List content of Hosts
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size. 
Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

Next -

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version 1.75.0.1300 has now been upgraded to Version 2.0.1

Please follow Free version removal methods. (link is to Malwarebytes site) if required -

NOW -

* Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
* Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
* Click Next
* Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
** Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
* If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
* Click Scan Now >>
----------
** Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
* Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
* Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan

mbam-chameleon.scr
mbam-chameleon
mbam-chameleon.exe
mbam-chameleon.com
----------
** When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
* Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
* Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
* Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users