Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RegClean Pro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alexanderami

alexanderami

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

My wife has something called RegClean pro on her laptop. She has got McAfee anti-virus installed but it doesn't seem to get rid of it. I have tried to delete it from the programmes list but it won't allow me to. Problems that occur are popups, internet crashes and is slow and sometimes won't respond. On occasions it has shut the computer down. Along with a few other things.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 May 2014 - 12:45 PM.
moved from Windows8 to the appropriate forum for malware analysis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

This could be malware.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

mbamreplace_zps3ead4824.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 alexanderami

alexanderami
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for responding so quickly I will do what you suggest and let you know the outcome.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'll be around.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 alexanderami

alexanderami
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

Thank you for the advise to download malware bytes it seems to have stopped Regclean, but the computer is now very slow. Any ideas as to what I can do next?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

I will be going out of town later this morning and will not be back until Wednesday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users