Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google 2 step verification no longer has phone call, what happened

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

in recent days i have noticed google's phone verification service for adding double security to one's gmail account no longer has the "call my phone" as an option, this is a really useful option because often in circumstances where texts are not arriving the phone call still will. i say this as a uk user with a uk mobile phone and gmail setup to require the verification code on each and every time in log in, even on the same device. gmail's help sites don't seem to say anything and a quick web search for the last week, month or 24 hours shows nothing but one other person with a similar question on yahoo who hasn't got an answer.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

i always use the text and it works instantly im not sure if its becuase you live in the uk and they cannot connect to you, not sure

#3 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

texts over here sometimes work instantly but other times they don't get through at all. the voice call service was available as well as text in the uk atleast within the last month, i only use voice call when the text takes fails to arrive after a minute. last night i found myself trying to access one of my accounts and the text didn't arrive, i went to the option of "send voice message" and it was no longer there. eventually got in ten minutes later when i closed the browser, reopened and tried to log in again, the text arriving this second time. i'm just wondering what has happened to the voice option, does it still exist for you in whichever country you are in?

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

no i dont think we have a call option only text then again i live in the United States and google headquarters are here so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users