Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AD BLOCKER

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hello,

and happy memorial day to all that fought and served for our country.

I have been searching for a good ad blocker and was using ad block plus but I thought maybe that was carrying malware so I'am still searching for a good ad blocker.

I have been looking in the forums but I didn't find any thing on this topic.

Any help is appreciated.

Have a great memorial day to all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

isnt momorial day tomorrow, anyway what internet search engine  are you using

#3 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Sorry bout the early happy memorial day I, but I did that early as I won't be round tommorrow so wanted to wish every one a early happy memorial day sorry if that offended you but that is beside the point.

I use firefox.

#4 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

lol its okie i thought i was tripping out XD

try using this see if it helps

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

#5 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Thanks but I beat you to this I have used many ad blocks from fire fox and beyond that nothing works all that great and beside that some of them carry malware so i will keep looking.

thankyou and be careful of tripping out. :smash:

#6 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

thanks, i have alot of pop ups to and i suppected it to be a viruses not knowing anything about viruses at the time, but now i realize it most likely had adware viruses i just did a system restore on my pc and downloaded ad blockers and stayed away from sites that may have caused that, havent had a pop up since

#7 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hi rp-57,

Why do you think Ad-block plus carries malware? The one Itz Paradox linked does not have malware, and many thousands of people use it.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#8 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Oh lord,

I guess I have opend a can of worms by saying ad blocks carry malware.

to be frank I just read in dome of the adblock forums and some of the posts were I read that ad block carried malware of some kind.

so basically that is all was to it.

I know you cannot also rely on what you read or hear but nothing is impossible.

#9 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

I would be really curious to see such posts.
So you have not experienced this yourself though?

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

#10 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

I do not know the answer to that question altho I have had some perculiar situations while using ad block.

I do see a ad now on bleeping that is pestering me to pieces something bout cancer ad that just won't go away.

and I have posted here many times before and got great help but today.

I just asked a simple question and wanted to get some opinions but that does not seem to be the case.

#11 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hi,

I'm just curious. I'm not trying to belittle you or anything. I like to learn, and so seeing those posts and the points they make would be helpful. Especially if it is true what they say, until I see I cannot really know.

You should not see ads if you are logged into your account on BC. If you are then there may be a problem on BC's side.

xXToffeeXx~

#12 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

I do see cancer ad when I'am signed in, the ad says something bout fighitng cancer and the danr ad pops out from the side of my pc screen.

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

We have had a report of that ad, but it only shows when you are not logged in. Make sure your browser accepts cookies from Bleeping Computer and that you are logged in. If you still see the ad while logged in? Please take a screen shot showing the ad. Then add the screenshot as a reply here so that the site owner can target the ad sponsor.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users