Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows won't boot even of safe mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silgab

Silgab

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

My computer  (just turned it on after almost a year) was crashing and finally yesterday I got it to work, uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection and everything symantec. It was working wonderful and it updated a few times in the evening in the process. Last night when I turned it off it went through 104 updates and it won't start this am.

It said the amount of memory had changed, I tried startup repair, it froze instead of turning off and now it won't open even on safe mode. Is there anything I can do before I give in and sent it to the computer guy? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Watch the screen right after you press the power button. Watch at the bottom. Should say F2 to Enter BIOS Setup, or Delete to Enter CMOS Settings,(will be worded pretty close to this.) Might be the F1, F2, F10, F12, or Delete key. I've seen some with the Insert key, and the Tab key

try this to see if it works or no

#3 Chetan Savade

Chetan Savade

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi,

I am Chetan Savade from Symantec Technical Support Team.

Try to start the Computer with last known good configuration or safe mode.

As you said you turned it on after almost a year so I would suggest to install the latest version of SEP.

Best Regards,

Chetan

Edited by hamluis, 28 May 2014 - 10:54 AM.
Fixed transposition, sent PM re autorized rep - Hamluis.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,850 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'd replace the CMOS battery, if this is a desktop.  Investment of less than $5 and a failing CMOS can lead to configuration/operability problems.  After replacing, I would enter the BIOS and go with the default safe settings.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users