Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

where to find languages

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

hello was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a free computer language or can anyone give me basics on how to code or something that could teach me how to code for beginners thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Have you checked out Code Academy?

WFxJwA4.png

mvp_horizontal_fullcolor-(copy2).jpeg

#3 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

thanks using it now works pretty well do you learn everything or just little basics ?

#4 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Not really sure....I am in the middle of using it myself.  :)

WFxJwA4.png

mvp_horizontal_fullcolor-(copy2).jpeg

#5 jennifersimpson

jennifersimpson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:24 AM

Hi!

The internet is full with free tutorials, all you need to do is just picking up a language you think is best for you and search for it online.

i really recommend you to learn java, this is an elite-powerful language  and it's simple to learn.

i think you shouldn't start with C because it will be more difficult for you at the beginning.

you can also search for "ruby on rails" language or python.

just enter you tube and enter,lets say... "java tutorial" and start earning for free :)

#6 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Personalyl i would eb goign for Python first, a lot of Universities here in OPz are all using it for their BOCS.

Also, what you really ned to be askign is what will my target audience be. is it only a windows enviroment, will it be .NET reliant.

The issue with python and ruby and java is they wont run nativley with out the interpretor.

I would be looking for a beginners language like VBA or HTML or even .NET 3.5^. The IDE in visual studio does half the work for you, im not much of a programemr (I dont get paid for it, im actually a SysAdmin)  but have managed to write some pretty hard core applications that create grid maps using gps data (Drawing boundaries) i pull from GPS equipment and also craete google kml files with data which locates the positioning systems.

I managed to do this with little programming experiance, start with things like creating folder, then search some folders for a file and use the app to open a  file.

Always start small but all of this makes no sense unless you have a target operating system or device.

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 26 June 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#7 Offset

Offset

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Lean the basics of the language first and if you're completely new to programming you'll need to learn the basic concepts too, for example, variables, functions, loops, IF/ELSE etc...

Once you've got a grasp on the basics and maybe completed a couple of example programs on your own, think up a simple project, perhaps you want to program something that changes your desktop background every hour, or maybe you want to make your own screensaver etc... Then sit down, write out the things you don't know how to do, for example, "how to copy a picture to a folder", "how to use a timer" etc, and go through google looking at some code examples related to these.

Gradually, if you take time to understand how these functions work, you'll find yourself becoming more at ease with programming in general and more comfortable working things out by trial and error. Not only that, but it's always nice to have a program that you've dreamt up and made yourself at the end of it. Learning to program a calculator line by line is one thing but it's nowhere near as rewarding as doing it all yourself (it's not as difficult as it sounds, there are examples for building blocks to make nearly everything you can imagine).

#8 Snackers

Snackers

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I listed some sites to some popular free lessons for learning programming languages. I hope they help :) :

All:

All Languages

Python:

http://interactivepython.org/runestone/static/thinkcspy/PythonTurtle/helloturtle.html

http://www.codecademy.com/

C#:

http://www.csharp-station.com/tutorial.aspx

C++:

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

Java:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-zzrqQoSE

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/

#9 Jingjue

Jingjue

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:21 AM

Hi , you can try looking around at bento.io, there are alot of languages which you can see if they suits you.

for a start i would recommend VBA (good if you are using alot of microsoft excel), or Python. ( for easy to learn)

Althought C++ is also good if you want write a code that runs faster. C++ is more lower level, nearer to machine language so in future if you want to delve futher into Computer science, C++ is a good choice. if you wanna create software, C++ is also good.

HFT generally use C++/python/Matlab for their code. Although MATLAB might be a bit too specific for you, but it is easy too pick up too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users