Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Locating Microsoft Commando Defender

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sweetsleep

sweetsleep

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

I have an issue with this program. I tried to install Norton and it claimed I already had protection from the program I was trying to install. Now I have Norton installed and it keeps interrupting the process (updates and so forth). I was considering running updates in safe mode now that the program is on my computer, but I also want commando off. (I also have MSE deactivated and Microsoft Defender deactivated for Norton.) I was wondering if I could download a tool that would list all of my devices and so forth and post it like others have for a manual removal of this program. MCD is not MD. (Just putting it out there to prevent any confusion.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Information on this is a little hard to come by but you could try the Revo uninstaller which you can get here from BC :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

A useful uninstaller which is also free.

From what I can find out commando Defender is described as anti-spyware software so shouldn't conflict with Norton, but Norton runs according to its own rules. If REvo cannot find it - or can't remove it - post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 sweetsleep

sweetsleep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

I have Revo and it couldn't locate it. I also installed Belarc Advisor and it wasn't listed.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Was this a rental or company computer? See post by TK-Tim in this Microsoft Community thread

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 May 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#5 sweetsleep

sweetsleep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Rental. I have two more payments to make. Would they remove it after that? 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

You would have to talk to the Rental Company. I would imagine so. If not, I would complain as you have purchased it.

Edit: From the above linked thread:

If you own the computer, then you need to take it back to where you purchased it and ask to have it removed.  They are required to remove it or they are subject to a $250,000.00USD fine for every violation.  If you do NOT own it then be happy you have the protection because Commando keeps you safe.

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 May 2014 - 06:16 PM.

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

Useful info John_C. I have only heard of the rental to buy system once or possibly twice in these forums and it never crossed my mind as it is not a system used in the UK!

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users