Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommended PSU?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sogin

Sogin

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hey all. Been having lag issues with my PS3 so I have been debating selling it and going in for an upgrade in my PC instead..

Current Specs:
graphics card: Nvidia GTX 645
CPU: Intel i7-4770 3.4ghz 8 core
Ram: 8GB

I was hoping to upgrade to the Nvidia GTX 760 2GB. I want a psu that isn't likely to fry anytime soon and has the ability to power this hardware..I believe the Videocard needs 600W. 500W min. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill1821

Bill1821

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

You left out the part about budget, there are a zillion of them out there. 500watt should be fine but 600 great too. I believe, they assume you have the rest of computer hooked to this thing too, (Although I could be very wrong about that one.)

Anyway if I was buying one today I would get this one for $60-$65 bucks- It is an evga 600- has single 12 v 49amp rail. There are many others available but like I said if I was buying one today......http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014

Whatever you decide just make sure it has a single rail for the monster video card,(or 1000+ watts on TWO rails...lol..) Big cards usually need 25 or 30 amps on a single rail so if you get a 600w psu with two rails then each will have maybe 15 to 20amps on each rail, this will not do for most single large cards. If you are going to change your mind and get 2 760's or any SLI (two video cards, nvidia- for ATI it's called crossfire)  then this power supply will not be enough. It is made for a single large video card.  Also double check your computer for the proper form factor which is 'almost' always ATX. To clarify- The power supply is usually form factor ATX even if the case, motherboard etc. is BTX.

If this cheap to you then I would still get it; and consider an upgrade to one of the newer ssd hard drives too- fast storage really gives a boost to the rocketship.

#3 Mistersprinkles

Mistersprinkles

• Banned
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

Corsair CX500. Dirt cheap and reliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users