Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows crashes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silgab

Silgab

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Usually I come here and I find way to fix my computer, this time there's so much stuff going on I don't know where to start. First of all, my computer was shipped here, so I'm not sure this is not a hardware issue.

I turn it on and it says The Amount of memory has changed.. press F1 etc..

It won't start, if I do get windows running I get the blue screen of dead (I think that's what it's called) 

I tried restoring on safe mode, but it won't shut down. When I manually did I got back to the same Amount of Memory black screen

It beeps instead of shutting down.

Ran Malware bytes on safe and detected 4 virus but it wasn't able to restart.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hello!

I turn it on and it says The Amount of memory has changed.. press F1 etc..

Reseat your memory sticks! If that doesn't help run memtest86+

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/memtest86_ffaa.html

#3 Silgab

Silgab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

Now it's actually running but crashes within seconds. I can't even read the blue sceen. It always does something different when I turn it on, but it always beeps and won't shut down. 

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,979 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

Ran Malware bytes on safe and detected 4 virus but it wasn't able to restart

This bit has me concerned, but I have come to the decision that the first thing to do is to get the computer running and then deal with the malware.

You say that the computer was 'shipped to you'. Depending on what you mean by this it is always possible that something has come unconnected. As Donetao said, check that your RAM is properly seated as well as any  other connections that you can reasonably access - you don't say if this is a desktop or a laptop. In fact, give us the make and model of your computer in your next post.

Once you have checked everything you can, then I think your best course of action is to use a Windows repair disc. There is a tutorial on BC on how to make and use one. You may need to change the BIOS boot order to make your CD / DVD drive the first item in the boot priority list, and if you don't have an optical drive say so in your next post. You will find the tutorial here :-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-a-windows-system-repair-disc/

If using this gets your computer at least booting stably again, run Malwarebytes again and see if it still reports problems. If it does, start a topic in the 'Am I infected?' section of BC and include the topic reference to this topic. It is the line in the address bar in your browser when you are looking at this topic.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users