Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profiles mess after incomplete formating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FERW48

FERW48

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Hello everyone,

So I finished my last exam yesterday and as a reward I've got a blue screen of death for first time on this laptop. And I was keep getting it on windows loading screen, then it loaded the diagnostics mode, which always took at least 30 min to load. I tried to do auto load-up fix but it didnt work, system restoration was giving some kin of error. In my tired and depressed state I started to seek alternative options and the solution was f11 during the booting screen which too me to the recovery menu and took more than 2 hours to load. And every time I unpluged the power it took me to the recovery screen again instead of showing all other options. In recovery I could do disk and memory check, but I did that before through booting screen it gave me error 303 on disk by the way. Anyway since it was my only option I decided to proceed with recovery only to find out that by recovery it meant formatting the disk, obviously I know what formatting is and altough not ideal I decided to unplug power.

Ironically enough today I was managed to get to the diagnostics menu again and after few attemps auto fix for load-up did work. So now I am able to run my computer more or less, in safe mode I should mention, but the profiles are messed up. It loads a default profile altough my "old" profile is still in the users folder with most of my archives. I'm saying most because I've attempted top cut paste one of the folders from "old" profile to current desktop, but since it wasnt transferring I decided to cancel it and now it's gone somewhere, altough free disk size is still the same. Since I realised that I'm able to use internet and don't want to mess things up any further I decided to come here. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

You need to clear (delete) the entire mess and then restore your latest backup.

Don't have a backup? Kick yourself, you missed the easy option. You'll now need to reinstall Windows, get all the updates and then install all of your programs once again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users