Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible java injection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 code65

code65

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

So as of late ive been getting these pop ups. in most cases I would think "alright run some adware/malware scans and check for updates to the pop up blocker. However this one has me stumped. The pop ups are coming through the steam browser. Which I don't know how to fix. I ran malwarebytes, super antispyware, comodo, and spybot, alas no luck. tried reinstalling steam as a last ditch effort but again no luck. I attached a picture of the pop up, roughly 90% are about a video player update, ranging from a generic "your video player is out of date" like the photo to ones who mimic flash. There are others but malware bytes blocks the page from loading some of them.

Attached Files

• Attached File  pic.png   336.75KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 code65

code65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

A moderator may now close this thread. I seem to have fixed the issue. It was an issue with my router being compromised not my computer.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,559 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users