Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java 7 Update 55 64 bit refuses to download

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Khzar13

Khzar13

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

Recently I've been trying to download Java 7 update 55 in 64 bit to play a minecraft pack on my computer. I've downloaded it likely around 20 times, and each time I receive the same message about the wizard being interrupted before the installation could complete. Even when I cancel out of everything, including skype and all browsers(Which I have forgotten to do before) it still says its interrupted. Is it because I also have Java 7 update 55 in 32 bit on my computer? Or is it just screwing with me? Help! Note: I've never uninstalled java 7 update 55 in 32 bit and remembered to close everything before installing at the same time, but I assumed that having a current java just in 32 bit would not interrupt the installation.

UPDATE:I have now tried installing j7up55 64 bit after using total uninstall to remove j7up55 32 bit from my computer, had nothing open at all, and it was still somehow interrupted. I've even tried it after uninstalling jre! I have no idea what is interrupting it at all. Also, my computer is a windows 7 64 bit operating system.

Edited by Khzar13, 24 May 2014 - 01:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Hello, and Welcome

Are you using the online installer or the full installer? Here is the link to the offline installers. Java 32bit and 64bit should be able to co-exist.

#3 Khzar13

Khzar13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

Yes, I am using the offline installers. I forgot to mention that. Also, not exactly related to your statement but the 32 bit installation works fine no matter what. Its only the 64 bit installation that gives me trouble.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

Doing some searching, other people have had this problem with no resolution. My only thought it to type CMD in the search box, then right click select run as administrator and use the command line option with the Log file creation active. See last line of this link. If the install fails, checking the install log may help.

#5 Khzar13

Khzar13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

What exactly do you mean by with the Log File creation active? I'm not the most knowledgeable about all this computer stuff.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

After downloading the Java 64bit file to your desktop, you would type cmd in the search box, select run as administrator. This will open a command prompt window with the following directory shown.

C:\Users\<your name>\

You will then type:

cd desktop  <enter>

The prompt should then be C:\Users\<your name>\Desktop\

Then type the following command followed by enter.

jre-7u55-windows-x64.exe /L C:\setup.log

The  command will install Java 64bit and create a log file called setup.log on the root of your C: Drive which can be opened with Notepad. If the install fails, it may show something in this setup.log.

#7 Khzar13

Khzar13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Every time I pull up cmd all that appears is C:\Windows\system32>, So I'm not sure what to do.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

Sorry about that. That is the correct prompt when cmd is run as administrator. At the prompt type the following.

CD C:\users\<your account name>\desktop 

You should be at the desktop Then type:

jre-7u55-windows-x64.exe /L C:\setup.log

Another thought. Open Internet Explorer 64bit and then try the online installer. I would try this before doing the above commands. If java fails using IE 64bit then try the above commands.

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 May 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#9 Khzar13

Khzar13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Well I've discovered my problem. In the system log it says

03.The file C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\deploy.dll is being held in use.  Close that application and retry.
MSI (s) (68:2C) [20:31:10:168]: Product: Java 7 Update 55 (64-bit). The file C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\deploy.dll is being used by the following process: Name: msiexec , Id 7572.

So I'm assuming that I have to do something with msiexec.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

I am not sure what to make of that error as msiexe is the Microsoft installer for the Java exe file. deploy.dll is part of the Java install.

I would try the following. Uninstall any Java programs you have. Then use JavaRA to clean any leftovers of Java. I would also delete the Java Directory in C;\Programs if it still exists after using JavaRa.Then do the above commands to install Java.

#11 Khzar13

Khzar13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Due to my lack of understanding of what the words in the setup log mean I am going to post here the entire log after a certain point in which it starts deleting files in the directory I thought was deleted but may have not been. Also, there was some java stuff left after I ran JavaRA however it had some stuff with system 32 in the name and I didn't want to accidentally screw up my computer. So, here is the log.

RemoveFiles: File: javaw.exe, Directory: C:\Windows\system32\
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Africa\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\America\Argentina\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\America\Indiana\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\America\Kentucky\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\America\North_Dakota\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\America\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Antarctica\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Asia\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Atlantic\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Australia\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Etc\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Europe\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Indian\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\Pacific\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\SystemV\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\zi\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\amd64\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\applet\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\cmm\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\images\cursors\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\images\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\deploy\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\fonts\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\jfr\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\management\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\security\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\bundles\tmp\lib\ext\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\bundles\tmp\lib\i386\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\bundles\tmp\lib\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\bundles\tmp\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\bundles\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\dtplugin\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\server\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\, Directory: 
RemoveFiles: File: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\, Directory: 
Action 21:37:02: InstallFiles. Copying new files
InstallFiles: File: core.zip,  Directory: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\,  Size: 70665809
InstallFiles: File: patchjre.exe,  Directory: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\,  Size: 0
Action 21:37:02: WriteRegistryValues. Writing system registry values
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment, Name: Java7FamilyVersion, Value: 1.7.0_55
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: JU, Value: 1
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: OEMUPDATE, Value: 
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: MODE, Value: C
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: JQS, Value: 
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: FROMVERSION, Value: NA
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: FROMVERSIONFULL, Value: 
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: PRODUCTVERSION, Value: 7.0.550
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: INSTALLDIR, Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: PATCHDIR, Value: 
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: WEB_JAVA_SECURITY_LEVEL, Value: 
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: WEB_JAVA, Value: 
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: EULA, Value: 0
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: IEXPLORER, Value: 1
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: MOZILLA, Value: 1
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: JAVAUPDATE, Value: 1
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: AUTOUPDATECHECK, Value: 1
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: AUTOUPDATEDELAY, Value: 
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: ImageCkSum, Value: 3233869572
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_55\MSI, Name: FullVersion, Value: 1.7.0_55-b13
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86417055FF}, Name: DisplayIcon, Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\\bin\javaws.exe
Action 21:37:02: RegisterUser. Registering user
RegisterUser: {26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86417055FF}
Action 21:37:02: RegisterProduct. Registering product
RegisterProduct: {26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86417055FF}
Action 21:37:02: PublishFeatures. Publishing product features
PublishFeatures: Feature: both
PublishFeatures: Feature: IESUB
PublishFeatures: Feature: MOZILLASUB
PublishFeatures: Feature: jrecore
Action 21:37:02: PublishProduct. Publishing product information
1: {26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86417055FF} 
Action 21:37:02: InstallJava. Registering Java Runtime Environment
CustomAction InstallJava returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 21:37:26: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action 21:37:26: Rollback. Rolling back action:
Rollback: Registering Java Runtime Environment
Rollback: Publishing product information
Rollback: Publishing product features
Rollback: Registering product
Rollback: Registering user
Rollback: Writing system registry values
Rollback: Copying new files
Rollback: Removing files
Rollback: Removing ODBC components
Rollback: Stopping services
Rollback: Updating component registration
Action ended 21:37:28: INSTALL. Return value 3.
Action ended 21:37:28: ExecuteAction. Return value 3.
Action 21:37:28: SetupCompleteError. 
Action start 21:37:28: SetupCompleteError.
Info 2898.For Tahoma8 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 1 character set, of 13 pixels height.
Info 2898.For Tahoma10 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 1 character set, of 16 pixels height.
Info 2898.For MSSWhiteSerif8 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 1 character set, of 13 pixels height.
Info 2898.For TahomaBold10 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 1 character set, of 16 pixels height.
Action 21:37:28: SetupCompleteError. Dialog created
Action ended 21:37:35: SetupCompleteError. Return value 2.
Action ended 21:37:35: INSTALL. Return value 3.
=== Logging stopped: 5/28/2014  21:37:35 ===
MSI © (88:3C) [21:37:35:060]: Product: Java 7 Update 55 (64-bit) -- Installation operation failed.

MSI © (88:3C) [21:37:35:060]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Java 7 Update 55 (64-bit). Product Version: 7.0.550. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Oracle. Installation success or error status: 1603.

#12 Khzar13

Khzar13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

New update-After deleting what I thought was the directory I recieved about the same thing in the update log above minus the first line. Perhaps I am missing the directory somehow? Not sure how considering I searched the entire area for anything with java in the name.

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

Sorry, If you still get the error after cleaning Java with JavaRa, I am out of ideas on while the install fails. Did you try doing the 64bit online installer using IE64bit? Hopefully somebody else on the forum can give their thoughts on this.

The only directory for Java that I think possibly could of been missed would have been in AppData. You will have to show hidden folders. Also look for a Npdeploy.dll file in C:\Windows\System32

For 64bit it could be in

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\npDeployJava1.dll

C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Local\Sun\Java

Doing some Googling, other people have the same issue with Java 64bit. It just refuses to install and nothing resolves it.

#14 Khzar13

Khzar13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the help anyways.

#15 aris95

aris95

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Hello

check this out

There might be missing "System" account from the root of the c:\ drive

How-To Fix Error Code 1603

http://www.tech-faq.com/error-1603.html

Edited by aris95, 11 September 2015 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users