Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore Windows 7 OS on Gateway

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gec

gec

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Greetings,

I am trying to use Gateway recovery dvds purchased directly from the manufacturer to restore my Gateway NV57H94u laptop to the factory default settings and I'm running into a major problem.  The first two dvds (System Disk and Recovery Disk 1) run without a problem.  When I run Recovery Disk 2, the process reaches just over 60% complete and then it aborts and I get an error message that says:

"Restore failed - Error code=0x241 (WIMApplyImage cannot apply image : Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be..."

The rest of the error message is cut off and you can't scroll to read it.

The laptop was purchased with the Windows 7 Home Premium OS but I currently have no access to Windows.  When the laptop is first turned on, it goes to a "Windows Boot Manager" screen and the message "Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing, or corrupt" appears.

I am at a complete loss as to what else to try so I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hello gec! This is the best I could come up with. Do you have the Gateway manual??

http://www.ehow.com/how_6960920_restore-computer-using-recovery-partitiion.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users