Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

REVO uninstaller...pin to taskbar ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

G'day Folks ..

I have revo installed.....have had it for ages on XP...  recently I updated to Win 7
I have one question.
I download revo, and install it...i now have the exe and the shortcut on my desktop.
In normal circumstances I would right click on the exe or the shortcut and select 'pin to task bar', to reduce clutter on my desktop....but that option does not appear in my right click menu ...for revo only.

Nor can i 'drag and drop' an icon to the taskbar...

I know I am probably going to kick myself when I discover the answer......but for the time being it has me stumped....and frustrated !!!

(I much preferred the simplicity and "instinctive flow" of xp !!)

Edited by Condobloke, 23 May 2014 - 06:31 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Hello! The only answer I have is "I can't drag and drop it to the task bar either"

I guess I never saw the need to have REVO on my task bar!!

Why "Pin to" is missing on Revo Uninstaller Pro's shortcut and it cannot be pinned to Windows 7 taskbar or start menu?

The reason for the problem is that Windows 7 does not allow pinning programs containing "install" keyword in their name. You can solve the problem by making a shortcut on your desktop of Revo Uninstaller and change the shortcut's name to just "Revo" or something else, but the name should not contain "install" as Revo Uninstaller Pro does.

Edited by donetao, 23 May 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

See Here: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_frequently_asked_questions.html

It's the second question down in General questions

Why "Pin to" is missing on Revo Uninstaller's shortcut and cannot be pinned to Windows 7 taskbar?

No Pin to option available in Windows 7 taskbar
No Pin to option is available on the shortcut
The reason for the problem is that Windows 7 does not allow pinning programs containing "install" keyword in their name. You can solve the problem by making a shortcut on your desktop of Revo Uninstaller and change the shortcut's name to just "Revo" or something else, but the name should not contain "install" as Revo Uninstaller Pro does!

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Looks like we tied Animal. You can remove my reply if you want to!!

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Animal and donetao....that was a stroke of brilliance.

....am currently kicking myself all over the lounge room....

Thank you my friends.....today's frustration has disappeared.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users