Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC starts but screen is off

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Decode

Decode

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

I restarted my all in one pc and it only went off but didnt turn on. When I turned it on I could hear the fans and the lights were on. Everything good except the screen was black. Help. I tried turning it down many times. Problem persists

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hello! You might try this!! Unplug the AC power to your PC. Hold the power button down while AC is unplugged for 20 seconds. Plug the AC back in and try to boot windows.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

When you say 'All in one PC' do you mean a laptop ?  If so, can you give us the make and model. If it isn't a laptop then give us the main specifications - motherboard, RAM, CPU, video card.

Problems like this usually relate either to the screen or the video card. Is there any way you can connect this computer to another - known to be good - screen to eliminate one or the other ?  If it works with the second screen it is almost certainly a screen problem. If iti doesn't, it is almost certainly a video card / motherboard problem.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Decode

Decode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hi. Well its a desktop PC with CPU integrated within it. I can turn the PC again. But turned it off again. Problem showed up again while trying to boot. Last time it worked after I waited a few mins approx 25. Then it worked again... Forgot to mention. I unparked my cores before all these problems showed up... Should I park them again?

#5 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hello! I'm not familiar with unparking cores, but it sounds like you are messing around in the registry.

My advise would be to restore back to the time before you tried that procedure and cross your fingers.

Then see if your PC will load windows without black screening!

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Everything good except the screen was black. . . . Problem persists

While Donetao's advice, about doing a system restore, is good, it is going to be difficult for you to do this while your screen remains black !

You are first going to have to determine where your problem lies - whether it is with your screen or your video card so try connecting the computer to a different screen and see what happens. If you don't have a spare screen borrow a friend's or take it round to a friend's and try connecting there.

But please give us the make and model of this computer, or the main specs if you built it yourself.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

Well, unparking sounds weird, you aren't by any chance overclocking or anything like that right? Overheating can cause that kind of  behavior since it won't boot if the processor is too hot, but it will cool down over time

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#8 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

to OP did you try what was suggested with unplugging and holding in the power button for 30 seconds or so ,and then plug it back in and try again ,

its an all in one computer so its not likely they built it themselves, all-in one means its a case with the monitor and motherboard and everything else built into the box .just google all in one computer

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users