Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Drive sharing app - does it need....?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

I have sent via the Google Drive share app one and several jpg photos to someone who cannot view/open them.

I have repeated this to another of my non google email accounts  with no trouble. My recipient says he has no Google account - is this necessary for this app to work? Thanks for advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AndroidOS

AndroidOS

Malware Search++ developer

• Security Developer
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Does the person trying to open your documents get any specific error? The only thing I can think of that may be going on is the files permissions; have you set them up correctly (it needs to be set to either Public on the Web or Anyone with the link)?Google's guide on the subject may be of some help: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494886?hl=en

#3 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

I have done this before...I THINK you need to at least have some sort of Google account, whether its gmail or Google+.

#4 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 662 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I have set up the sharing OK ,  Anyone with the link etc. I also shared with myself on another of my non-google  email accounts which was all OK.

My recipient indicated no error message but what he saw I don't know - a business so not easy to find out. When he replied that he couldn't open the pix my email to him was also shown which had all the pix links which I could open with a click and also the 14 rather large thumbnail pix showing!  How this came about I have no idea - rather nice though. I replied to him from this email hoping that the reply would also contain those thumbnails as well but it didn't happen it seems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users