Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing language after installation - Windows Modern UI Apps have wrong title

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QuestionGuy

QuestionGuy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

Hey guys.

So I live in Ireland and when installing Windows 8, I set some language choices to Irish (keyboard and date/time), but language to English UK. In previous installations of Windows, such as Windows 7, this did not make apps show up with Irish language titles.

After removing Ireland from the Language options > Control Panel - Language, some apps went back to displaying in English. But other Modern UI apps, like the news still show up in Irish titles.

Have I missed a setting of some sort? I have attached a screenshot of my language options, just in-case i'm missing something.

PS: I have already rebooted a few times since changing these options.

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed. The latest batch of Windows updates seems to have kicked it back into English. Thanks anyway!

Attached File  Screenshot_052314_111941_AM.jpg   83.62KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot_052314_111536_AM.jpg   168.41KB   1 downloads

Attached File  metroScreen_052314_112503_AM.jpg   118.34KB   1 downloads

Edited by QuestionGuy, 23 May 2014 - 07:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hi,

Glad to hear / read that all is well

Stay well and surf  safe