Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow internet after virus removal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sinshaku

sinshaku

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

I had some malware on my pc until recently. I think that perhaps I might still have some because my internet is slow even though I have full connectivity.I have windows 7 and I use google chrome. Google Chrome hangs on resolving host. It seems to have moMents of Clarity where the I will have no problems connecting out but within a few minutes it's slow again. If I could get assistance with this matter that would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

Have you tried a different browser?

#3 sinshaku

sinshaku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

I have tried internet explorer and google chrome. Both are very slow.

#4 sinshaku

sinshaku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

If it helps combofix was used to remove the malware

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Did you get assistance using Combofix?

#6 sinshaku

sinshaku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Do you mean was I asked by someone from this site? No. It was a recommendation I read in some article on a different site. So I went to the source site and followed the instructions to a T. It mentions at the bottom issues with Internet and how to manually fix them. I followed those (it wanted me to diagnose and repair the network connection) so I did that and that will work everything works just as fast as it should no issues resolving hosts or connecting. When I ping sites via a prompt its fast and has 0% loss. But a few moments go by and it slows down and pinging sites has 75% to 100% failure.

#7 sinshaku

sinshaku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

I also tried rebooting. Lol figured id throw that out there.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

I think you may still be infected and you should post on Am I Infected to be sure you are clean. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users