Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Office 2007 Beta 2 Available

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:39 PM

Microsoft has released beta 2 of Office 2007.

You can download it (or have it mailed to you on DVD) at http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/getthebeta.mspx

I can't whether I'm excited or not. After all, it is Microsoft.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

I certainly cannot get excited about any MS Beta---these are very often buggy, not fully featured, and have problems interacting with other applications.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:31 AM

i like trying out something new i usually can't wait for the final. So i went ahead and ordered a copy but i didn't see any option to download or by mail though so i hope i get it. Oh Sorry i have downloaded it, i don't know how long i have to wait before i can download it, everything has been set and ok.hasn't told me to dowload it yet. I didn't read i found it.

Edited by Izzy, 26 May 2006 - 05:46 AM.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:47 AM

Yeah I just downloaded it but haven't had the time to check it out yet.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:09 PM

Well i have had time to check it out and i am happy with all the most common features at easy reach although i miss "LINX" the cat (Office Assistant) I hope that's added in the final release. I haven't had any problems as of yet except for when you type you get a pause (a couple of secs). It's only a Beta so you expect that. But i give it a 6/10 for appearance as i don't like the round corner at the top left because screens are rounded at corners. But for function i give it a 8/10 because it's beta and i found it confusing locating "Open File" "Save As" it is hidden in a menu in the top left "Office Logo" Anyway i ended up added those to the shortcut toolbar which makes it easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users