Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Akias

Akias

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:34 PM

Hi! Just wanted my first post to be one that says Hello and I am sooo glad I found your site.

I am a fairly new PC user on a Windows XP. I started my morning on a hunt to figure out how programs are started in Windows. More specifically how to remove those programs which are unnecessary and added themselves to my startup routine?

I found this site while on the Microsoft site and checking out User groups, any group that named itself "Bleeping Computer" was right up my alley. I Loved it and hoped I could find friendly people and some information on the hundreds ( slight exageration ) of questions I have about this Bleeping machine.

Well that's me, I'm a tad bit Wacko this afternoon having spent the moring searching help and support and Microsoft support to no avail.. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

Hi, Akias.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
Don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
They contain a lot of useful information.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hi and :thumbsup: to BC Akias.
Regards,

Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

Welcome to BC!

If you have Spybot Search and Destroy on your computer as a part of a defence against spyware, you can use its startup tool to review and manage the programs that launch when you boot your computer. Information on whether such programmmes are needed, optional, or unneed can be found in BC's Startup Program database.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users