Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cancer Add

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

Why is it every time I log onto this site I keep getting the cancer add looking for donations. I click close on the add and 2 seconds later it is back? I make donations to a couple of worthy charities and I am not happy being constantly pestered for more. This happens on 2 of my computers that being my Windows computer and my MacBook?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

You should not be seeing ads when you are logged in. Ads are only present when not logged in. Be sure your browser accepts cookies. If you are still seeing ads after logging in please take a screen shot. Post it as a reply so that the site owner can target the right ad with the ad service.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:08 AM

Thank you Animal you are right as usual, the add only appears when I am not logged in that is I just have a quick look/scan through the site to find anything that might interest me. If there is I then log in. When I do log in no add. Sorry for messing you around.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

Thank you for letting me know things are working as they should. No problem, that's what we are here for.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users