Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to pay ranson using bitcoin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AllAtSea

AllAtSea

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

Hi there,

I have got as far as registering on bitcoin but not to the part to pay - does anyone know how I can make a deposit to pay for the bitcoins when I do not have internet banking?

The bitcoin exchange here in HK says it takes up to 5 days to clear - that is going to take me out of the dropdead period.

When I got the passwords wrong; they locked my account and now I have to wait for the administrator to get 'round to my request - which I understand will take time; but I don't have time - no time to make more errors.

Can some one tell me how I can buy bitcoins?  Step by step please?

I just want to cry

Elizabeth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 chrisarnt

chrisarnt

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

Are you kidding?  You can't pay the ransom!! they won't unlock your computer!!!

This is what I do.

You need to download hitman kickstart to a clean thumbnail usb drive and then boot from that.

1. get a usb flash drive

2. go to  a different computer and download hitman pro (im pretty sure its free if you only do it once) (get it at bleeping computer) from this computer and install kickstart to that flash drive(if you need instructions read on this forum) It will probably delete all the info on the usb drive

3. Insert the usb drive with kickstart

3. restart the problem computer and keep pressing F12 to get to the boot menu(that's what does it on my dell)

4. at that menu choose USB drive

5. choose option 1. Your computer will boot to kickstart

6. choose one time.

7. click accept and next

8. Cross your fingers.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM