I have a Lenovo B575 thats a few years old and noticed it was getting really hot when I plugged it into the power supply. I bought a new ps, same thing. It wasn't long before the computer went dead and the tip of the charger was clearly burned. The computer doesn't appear to have any damage. In fact, from the outside you wouldn't even know what happened. There are no signs of burning at the port. Although, I have not looked inside yet.
I've tried everything to get some sign that its getting power but so far nothing. I took the battery out, waited and tried plugging in the power supply but that didn't work. I tried plugging it directly into an outlet by itself and that isn't working either. No lights and no sign of power at all.
My dog chewed the original power supply when I first got it so I had bought one from ebay and had been using it for over a year when this happened. Then, when I replaced it I bought the same one from the same seller. I have since learned that its a bad idea to use other than manufacturer power supplies but I still don't understand how this happened after I had been using it for so long. Plus, I have no idea whats wrong with it or why it won't power up.
Its not an expensive machine but I do have a lot of programs and other info that wasn't saved on my back up. If it is not repairable I don't really want to spend the money on the Lenovo charger. Can anyone tell me if its even possible to know what I'm looking at for repairs? I'd really rather keep it but if that isn't an option or if it is too expensive I'm wondering if I can swap the hard drive onto a different laptop?
I hope that doesn't sound too illiterate, I don't have a lot of computer technical experience but I don't mind troubleshooting on my own as much as I can.
ps: I hope I posted in the right area, I'm assuming its an internal issue.