Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the INVALID character in this registry? Anyone. About: Error 1325

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1Radicalman

1Radicalman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

G:\Memeo-Free_Agent\RNC-01_BackUp\My Received Files\

When trying to install Paragon Backup & Recovery, I received an Error 1324 the file (or Path) "Memeo - Free Agent" contains an invalid character. So I RegEdit -> search for every instance of "Memeo" and changed the following:

G:\Memeo - Free Agent\RNC-01 BackUp\My Received Files\

to 

G:\Memeo-Free_Agent\RNC-01_BackUp\My Received Files\

Thinking the INVALID characters were the spaces in between. Now I am getting an Error 1325 instead of the previous Error 1324. Can anyone help me identify what I need to changed?

I am attaching a pic of the registry file, if it helps.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 22 May 2014 - 07:35 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

I have no solution...I would have just uninstalled/reinstalled the named offending program.

From what I see, opinions vary on how to resolve such errors.  But anytime I have a problem and the error points to what may be the cause...I look at that rather than looking for more complicated efforts at a solution.

Louis

#3 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Welcome,

It could be that the character is not being displayed. You might go to each of those folders and rename them - the same thing BUT by retyping the name to be sure that there's nothing there that you can't see.

Have you run any security scans to be sure that there isn't another player in this game?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

Looks like you have a Seagate FreeAgent drive? If so, is it plugged in during the install? If not, try with it connected.

It looks to me as if Paragon Backup is picking up the Seagate's default backup destination as a candidate for its own. The Error 1324 can occur when there is a path to a drive that does not exist (the drive letter becomes an "invalid" character). If the FreeAgent is registered as drive G: but is not present when the Paragon installer looks for it, that may perhaps create the error.

If the registry entries are from the Seagate Memeo backup program, they should be changed back to how they were before.

Edited by Platypus, 22 May 2014 - 08:00 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users