Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer's internet drivers might be failing?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 XToxicAsassinzX

XToxicAsassinzX

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

First of all I must say that I don't know if this is the correct place to post this since I am new to the forum but I'm too stressed out to deal with having to pay for online tech support and whatnot. 

Getting straight to the problem, it's the first time this has happened to me on this computer so I'm a little frustrated:banghead:, it's been going on for about 3 days now (as far as I know) and it was a noticeable change. My computer hasn't been getting the correct internet readings. Now I know what most of you will say, "Oh it's something to do with your ISP" or "Just use an Ethernet cable to get the correct readings" or even "Well your ethernet cable just doesn't work, have you tried a shorter or different cable?" Just to get all of that out of the way it's none of the above.

I have done absolutely everything physically to my computer (I don't want to take it to the shop unless absolutely necessary) restarting it, disabling the adapter and re-enabling and so on and so forth and nothing works. To give some more information, the internet I pay for is 200Mbps download and 200Mbps Upload so I will be a-ok for gaming and whatnot and the reason I'm mad is because I am only getting 5Mbps on both... Now, I know it's only my computer because I have 2 other computers in the house (one of them almost always turned off) and they BOTH read the correct speeds. Now just yesterday I was only getting readings of 1.50 Mbps download and 68 Mbps upload which really threw me off. Please help, if you need more information I will gladly give it to you (And sorry for title saying Urgent but I really would like to get this fixed before I have to go to school and on the side I have an online tournament, yes videogames, tonight and I can't have fluctuations in internet). Thank you in advanced.

And to abide by the rules here are my details:
Computer: Acer Aspire 5250-0639
Wired connection
Dlink DIR-857 MEDIA ROUTER
Fiber Optics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users