Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

512 To 1 Gig...power To Tower And Nothing Else..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clutchaddict

clutchaddict

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:56 AM

If this isn't the proper forum for this, forgive me. In my quest for building a good gaming computer, I've made some errors and listened to some opinions I shouldn't have. Right now though the issue at hand is this..
I have a gigabyte 8SQ800 with intel p4 and 512 mb ddr sdram. I bought ..OCZ Enhanced Latency 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory. I went to the configuration site for OCZ and they claim it will work with my board, but when I add the 2 sticks of ram in any of the configurations possible slot 1-3 2-4 1-4 2-3, I get power to my tower and that's where it ends. The fans kick on and then the beep that starts it all doesn't happen. I have no monitor or anything. I can't access bios with them in to see if I need to tweak it a little. I'm lost. I've read all the how to's, the installation guides for OCZ and for Gigabyte....and yet ..nothing.

This is me right about now :thumbsup: and I don't know what else to do.

Edited by clutchaddict, 24 May 2006 - 10:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:28 AM

Get the same results one at a time? :thumbsup:

#3 clutchaddict

clutchaddict
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:51 PM

I've tried that, I've tried taking the battery out of the motherboard and rebooting. I don't know if my problem is voltage control, but I can't access bios with the ocz's in anyway. If my problem is with the voltage do you have any suggestions on how to fix it considering my situation?

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:40 AM

Hi clutchaddict.
If it were me, i'd change memory, plain and simple.
It either works or it doesn't. Not a fan of OCZ, never have been. Lots of problems out there. :thumbsup:
The only workaround you would have is to install memory it'll boot with, quickly make the appropriate changes in cmos setup and hope something doesn't get fried before you can shut it down.
Not worth it in my opinion.

#5 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:59 PM

There may be a BIOS update that address memory compatibility. Its worth a check to make sure your BIOS is updated to the latest revision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users