Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Programs not displaying Under Programs and Features list.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 momars

momars

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hi,

I am using Windows Ultimate 7 on a toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop,

Don't know when this happened but I noticed today, Not all programs are displayed under Programs and Features, only 9 are displyed, I m sure I have many more.

Ran Malwarebyte nothing.
Ran Safemode and regular AVG scan nothing.

If any one can give me some help here,
Thanks

Regards Mo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

See if this helps... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/in-programs-and-features-it-is-not-showing-all-my/eaccf64f-8c18-4a4e-93ca-4eff9e37050e .

#3 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Is the account you use to log on to windows an administrator account? If not, make sure you log in via an administrator account.

You may create a new user account with administrative privilege and check if the issue persists.

Create a user account

If you don’t have any issue in the new User Account, access the link below and follow the steps to fix a corrupted user profile:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

This is just a shot in the dark, but worth checking perhaps.
Is your install of Win7 64 bit? If so any 32 bit applications install to Program Files (x86), a hidden system folder.
In my Programs and Features ( from Control Panel ) I have 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled.
To do this:
Click on Organize at top left. Then click 'Folder and search options', then click the View tab, then check Show hidden files and folders.

Start the computer in safe mode and see if the same problem exists

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Try this also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

#5 momars

momars
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Unfortunately still the problem exist. One thing strange I observed is, There is no cmd in accessories. Then i went in CP and created a new account on admin rightsand in there I can find cmd under accessories. Wonder why.

Biggest issue is my System Restore point is not available.
Is this a virus? or a virus which has corrupted some systems files?
The system works all other ways fine.

Any more suggestions.

#6 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hello! You could create a system repair disc and then click on start up repair. Some times you may need to run it as many as 3 times before all repairs are made.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5409/create-a-system-repair-disc-in-windows-7/

If Windows 7 won't start or starts with significant problems, you may need to use the System Repair Disc to fix problems with Windows 7. The System Repair Disc is designed to let you boot up Windows — even if nothing else works — and provides you with several options for repairing your failing system.

You need to create the system repair disc. If you don’t create one, you limit your recovery options. The system repair disc is not the same thing as the recovery disc that came with your computer. It won’t reinstall Windows 7 and it won’t reformat your computer. It's simply a gateway to Windows' built-in recovery tools.

Edited by donetao, 21 May 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#7 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Try:

sfc \scannow

space between c and \

#8 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

Hello! you can try this suggestion by dc3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535106/windows-7-startup-repair-fails-with-baddriver-error/?hl=%2Bdigital+%2Briver#entry3374865

#9 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:15 AM

Its also clear that you are not under an admin account. You need to create an admin account for system restore to be available.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 momars

momars
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

@ Roodo Tried that, it gave no errors.

@ Donetao I shall try your provided suggestion and reply back here.

@ Kunapthechamp, On my CP it does says my user name Administrator.

Thanks a lot all of you here who have suggested me with your valuable advises and suggestion. :thumbup2:

Indeed we all are humans and have our own expertism levels, Hence Thank you all, I shall get back to you after trying donetao tip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users